We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripadvisor virgin

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tripadvisor virgin

I'm not at all tech savvy. Is there a way to capture the attractions and hotel that I want to visit in Mexico City on a map so I can see where just my attractions are?

Thanks!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Have you gone to the TA Mexico City Forum? tripadvisor.in/ShowForum-g150800-i164-Mexico…

From there, you can ask your questions, read the first item on that page's list, in addition to Things to Do.

I'm sure one of the TAs would direct you to the map you seek.

BTW, you might mention the hotel so they'd know your location.

I hope this helps; if not, call back. :)

Edit: Curious, I found a post which, though several years old, might provide a starting point...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150800-i164-k6593…

Edited: 20 October 2010, 23:16
Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tripadvisor virgin

I don't think there is a way to map within TA but I use GoogleEarth for that all the time and put pins with info on it. Did that for the upcoming 2017 eclipse to see where the total path goes. Would work really well for a city map too. I have a pin on my son's house in Seattle so I can ruler the rough (straight line) distances to places from there when we visit. It does addresses really well and I think you can import a list from a spreadsheet. many popular places are known by name, including hotels and restaurants. Just now I typed in "Seattle Extended Stay Northgate" and it put a marker right on it *and a few other hotels and locations) - no address needed.

Edited: 21 October 2010, 17:54
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Yes, there is a hotel map feature within TA, it's pretty nifty. I have found it very helpful for trip planning. Let's see if I can explain how to use it.

1. On the map TA site, type in, for example "Mexico City hotels" in the upper left hand corner next to "search".

2. On the next page, click on "all hotels in Mexico City".

3. On that page, on the right side, you will see a map, at the top, that has a box that says search by hotel or point of interest. Put eitther a hotel name or something you would like to be close to. For example, in Seattle, I would put Space Needle and I can get a map showing all the hotels near the Space Needle. You can also check the boxes that show points of interests, restaurants, etc.

4. Then Zoom in to your desired location.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further instruction.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Thanks but I am still confused. I have a trip saved in a folder with about 40 attractions I would like to see. Is there a way of showing just those 40 attractions on a map so I can see how/where they relate to each other?

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Sorry, that I do not know. But try it with one of your main attractions, and go from there.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Google Chrome web browser now offers "layering". I've not learned it yet, but it might help the OP. Perhaps someone can comment here or by PM to the OP (and me).

https:/…jlahfpafgjfmccnmbnponanacdmbfefc

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,548 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tripadvisor virgin

One of the Support Forum Destination Experts is pretty tech savvy and he may be able to offer assistance. That's probably the best place to post questions about using TripAdvisor. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tripadvisor virgin

Good information. Thank you.

9. Re: tripadvisor virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:18