We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san Francisco to Seattle

Conover, North...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
san Francisco to Seattle

Me and my family are planning a trip traveling from San Fran to Seattle or vice versa. We are looking for any tips on where to visit, where to stay, or just is the trip feasible from a distance standpoint. We will be traveling in either June or July and will have 9 days including traveling from North Carolina. Also, we were wondering what we could expect to pay per night at a moderate hotel.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,576 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san Francisco to Seattle

its a nice trip and very doable. Hotwire.com will now quote you on one way car rental rates. Hotelcoupons.com is the online version of a hotel coupon book that shows room rates along specific hwys.

Sf to Wine country, then thru the Redwoods. I stop at Eureka. 2nd nite up to Coos Bay area following the oregon coast. Its easy to spend a few days. You can go all the way to Astoria before heading over to I-5 or there are different areas to cut over if your short on time. You might also look on the Oregon forum as I'm sure this quesiton gets asked a lot.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san Francisco to Seattle

I think 9 days will be ample. I flew from San Fran to Portland last August, and then drove up to Seattle over 2 days (I was pushed for time - I would have liked longer it was so nice).

I really enjoyed Seaside, Canon Beach and Astoria (where I stayed the night). The drive was very scenic and there was lots to see in this section.

I then travelled over the border into Washington through Aberdeen and Olympia before getting to Seattle.

Hotel prices vary depending on time of year and location. I paid $150 per night for the B&B in Astoria (the chain hotels were particulary expensive the night i was there as there was some sort of event on). Unsure if you have accomodation in both Seattle and San Fran, but I paid $95 for the Westin in Seattle and $82 a night for the Parc 55 Wyndham in San Fran - both through priceline however.

I'm a big fan of hotwire and priceline (name your own price) for accomodation. Depending on your flexibility, how many are in your family and your preferred room and bedding configuration, this may or may not suit you.

www.kayak.com will give you a good overview of prices for that time of year if you go through the normal booking sites.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,292 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san Francisco to Seattle

If you can, choose July. Weather is generally warmer and sunnier. The Coast especially can get socked in in early summer. Our summer does not really start untill July.

4. Re: san Francisco to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:16