We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Input on tentative itinerary

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Input on tentative itinerary

Ok, heres what I have.....

Seattle 3 nights

Space Needle, Pikes Place, Experience Music Project, Ferry to Bainbridge, and Boenig tour.

Vancouver by train for 2 nights (we have been before, so thought this would be plenty of time)

Lynn Canyon Park, Aquarium and Stanley Park, Museum of Anthropology.

Port Angeles for 3 nights

Arrive late morning, go to Hurricane Ridge, Crescent Lake, and Sol Duc.

Day 2 Ferry to Victoria

Day 3 whale watching cruise from Port Townsend.

Day 4 Depart headed to Lake Quinault for the night stopping in Hoh Rainforest, Ruby Beach. Still researching what we will have time to do at Lake Quinault on arrival day and departure day before we leave. Wanted 2 nights but couldn't find a room for 2 nights.

Then on to the Oregon Coast, will post itinerary on that forum.

Thanks for all your suggestions and input!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

nope, wont work. you need to look at ferry schedules and locations of the various cities. go from vancouver to victoria and then to port angeles.

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Sorry, I left out a step. The last day there plan to take the 545PM train back to Seattle for the night, then on to Port Angeles. Will this work?

We are doing it this way so that we can rent a car in Seattle before we drive to Port Angeles so we want have to take the car to Canada.

Thanks.

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Anyone else?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,913 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

I have to agree with Katzgear. Your doing an immense amt of backtracking just to return the car. While I don't like to suggest it, I'd skip the train and just drive. It makes way more sense. Your spending a lot of time when you could just ferry to Victoria and onto Pt. Angeles and finish your trip in Seattle.

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Ok, so should we then do the 3 nights in Seattle, then to Vancouver for 2 nights, the to Victoria for 1 night, then on to Port Angeles for 3 nights, and Lake Quinault for 1 night before we head to Oregon.

Should we take the ferry or the train to Vancouver one way then the ferry to Victoria?

I think we can manage without a car until Port Angeles where I believe there is a car rental.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Both Budget and Enterprise operate out of Port Angeles.

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Thanks. I think we will rent the car before we leave Seattle (we can get a small suv which we can't get in PA). Hertz said that we could take it on the ferry to Victoria. From Victoria to Port Angeles, and continue from there.

Does anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

How do you plan to get to Oregon from Lake Quinalt? Oregon Coast or Portland area?

dallas
Level Contributor
477 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

We plan to head to the Oregon Coast, Cannon Beach to be exact.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Input on tentative itinerary

Cannon Beach is a favorite for us. Driving from Quinalt to Cannon Beach will not be a coastal scenic drive, Just wanted to warn you. But is more direct.

Edited: 22 May 2011, 10:04