We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

Hello,

We are travelling to Moclips next weekend and wish to pick up groceries/beer/wine to last for a few days.

We figure the easiest place to stop for groceries would be Aberdeen, but are not sure if it is best for selection/prices.

Any suggestions for large supermarkets within easy access of I-5/101/Highway 8 between Tacoma and Aberdeen?

If so, would the selection/prices be signficantly better than what we would find in Aberdeen?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

unless your after something obscure a supermarket to me is more about convenience when on vacation, the dollars arent that big.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

Aberdeen is an actual town, so it isn't like being out in Yellowstone Park where there is very little to buy. I don't think you have to worry too much. If you see a Fred Meyer you'll be able to get anything you need.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

Thank you for the replies.

We'll do our shopping in Aberdeen. We've always driven through Aberdeen, never stopped to shop, so we did not know how big it is.

Interesting that you referenced Yellowstone, ainwa. We were there this summer and ended up having to buy some groceries in West Yellowstone. Needless to say the selection/prices were not favourable.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

Just as you come down into Aberdeen there is a small shopping area to the left. It has a Top Foods and I think a WalMart - just not sure if the Walmart has groceries. There is also a Safeway further on in the downtown area. I don't know the streets but seem to remember that if you pass the DSHS building you have gone too far. You will be on a one way street and have to turn left then it is straight ahead through a light. This is where we stop when we do down to the Ocean. I am sure you could find the directions at Safeway.com.

Have fun!

5. Re: Grocery Shopping: Tacoma, Olympia or Aberdeen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 07:15