We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
880 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

We will be staying in the Gig Harbor area next week and would appreciate some first hand recommendations for restaurants, especially pizza, Mexican, BBQ, and a nice French bistro. I've seen lots of recommendations for Seattle, but very few for the areas on the west side of the sound and to the south. Any suggestions? I've read the TA reviews, but would like to hear your favorites. Thank you!

1. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 February 2012, 17:05
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

Far better and more reliable for restaurant reviews than TA is yelp or urban spoon. For example, urban spoon has 108 listings for Gig Harbor, yelp lists 65.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
880 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

Chuck,

I have enjoyed good meals at many restaurants in the touristy area in which I live, but have never written reviews of any of them. However, if asked specifically, I would be happy to make suggestions. The reviews that I have actually read were a bit limited. So, I assumed there were also readers in the Gig Harbor area who might be willing to offer some additional suggestions. Sorry if I upset you.

Island Girl,

Thank you for the suggested review sites. I will see if there are some good suggestions there.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

I live in the Gig Harbor area and have done a couple of reviews. My absolute favorite is Brix 25, make sure you have the Beef Bourguignon. Tides Tavern is a must, can be noisy at night but that's the atmosphere. Good burgers at Kelly's (but lousy service) and at Blazing Onion. Excellent fresh food at The Garden Room. For Thai I usually go to LeLe's. Pizza - I love Fondi's, they have a great 2 for $20 deal that gets you a half carafe of wine, a pizza, and a salad to share, plenty of food. For Mexican I like El Pueblito, grungy atmosphere but reasonably authentic food and a great location. Best view in the Harbor would be Green Turtle with Asian Fusion food. There is an Anthony's but it's the same as all the others, nothing exciting. Enjoy yourself in Gig Harbor!

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

I would also check the Pacific Northwest forum at Chowhound.com. There's one very long running thread on the Kitsap Peninsula with hundreds of responses, and I'm sure there are others if you search. (The initial responses are older but there are many more recent ones, too)

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/452478

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
880 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

Thanks for the help foxisle and Christy 1. We are hoping to relocate to Gig Harbor next year; meanwhile we are having fun checking out the area.

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

You will love Gig Harbor! We've been here for 34 years now and it's better than ever! Enough shopping that you hardly ever have to cross the bridge but still definitely small town lifestyle. If you have any questions about neighborhoods, etc. send me a message.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,301 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

Gig Harbor is a nice town. I can recommend places in North Kitsap, when you plan on visiting.

9. Re: restaurants-Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bainbrid.,etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:23