We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Getaway

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Getaway

I got some great advice last time I posted here so I'm back again for more. My husband is deploying at the end of next month and I'm not sure if he will be getting leave before then so I want to just plan a weekend getaway 2-3 nights for sometime in October. I don't want to go to Seattle. I am looking for something more private, quiet but some life, maybe small town vibe. Even a romantic resort could be nice. We love the beauty of Washington so could be beach, woodsy, waterfalls, anything. I wouldn't mind splurging a bit for a nice room with balcony, nice view, hot tub, stuff like that. If not Washington, I am thinking about flying to Lake Tahoe for a weekend. Suggestions?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Getaway

I started to do some research and was reminded of these beautiful hot springs we visited in Colorado. Any recommendations for hot springs here in Washington?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,671 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Getaway

Have you looked at the Salish Lodge? One of our favorite places for a romantic staycation.

Willows Lodge would also be worth a look if you want to tour some wineries. And Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal is another nice option.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Getaway

sjg82,

I have several recommendations for you. First off, do you have a budget, and tell me where are you traveling from - how far would you like to travel/drive?

You might want to look at Sol Duc Springs on the Olympic Peninsula, though I wouldn't call the cabins necessarily romantic, the isolation and natural beauty of the area can certainly be romantic.

olympicnationalparks.com/accommodations/sol-…

More romantic on the Olympic Peninsula is the Kalaloch Lodge. There are a few other cabins, and B & Bs in that also work.

About three hours north of Seattle, not too far over the border, in Harrison, BC, take a look at Harrison Hot Springs. They have more typical hotel/resort type rooms, but also take a look at their private cottages. http://www.harrisonresort.com/

So tell me more about your travels. I have many suggestions for non-hot springs options.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Getaway

if you want more activities than quiet walks in a beautiful forest or along a lake this may not be for you, but I find Lake Quinault Lodge very romantic.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Getaway

Wiklnnish inn in Tofino or Poets Cove on pender look amazing

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Getaway

Tofino is a long way away, though.

We liked the Chrysalis Inn in Bellingham / Fairhaven. It has a spa (not a hot springs, though), so you can get a couples massage, etc. We got a package on lvingsocial or something, but if you call I am pretty sure they have packages as part of their service. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel.

I've heard good things about the Alderbrook Resort out on Hood Canal between Shelton and Belfair.

7. Re: Romantic Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17