We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gorge

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Gorge

I am flying in from RI to see Dave Matthews Band in September for 3 nights. I'm looking for a hotel as close as possible to the Gorge, any help would be great. Or the towns that are nearby.

Snoqualmie, WA
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Gorge

I don't know how much you want to spend or if there is a vacancy, but check out one of the coolest "getaways" around.

www.cavebinn.com

If you can stay there it's a stone's throw to the ampitheater. An amazing place.

Snoqualmie, WA
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Gorge

If Cave B Inn isn't for you...check

www.gorgeconcerts.com

It has a listing of surrounding towns etc.

Hometown
Level Contributor
54 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Gorge

Hi, there, Rhode Islander! That is where my family has roots going back to the 1600s! We're headed your way in May and I can't wait!

Good choice of concert and location! The gorge is amazing. We loved the Cave B Inn, but I think Dave Matthews does, too, so he booked the whole place last summer when he played at the gorge and has probably already done that again (or others have). Unfortunately, there isn't much else around that is very nice. You could camp, stay at a Best Western type hotel in Vantage, or maybe slightly higher quality hotel in Ellensburg, but that's about it. We usually end up having a designated driver to drive us back to Seattle (usually get back about 2am).

Have a great time!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Gorge

Dave at the Gorge is awesome! My favorite concert of the year.

Know that the Gorge at George is in the middle of NOWHERE. There is camping on site (though not neccessarily restful). As other TA have suggested, check out the hotel listings on the Gorge website, but most are just a place to rest your head. Most availability will be in Ellensburg or Wenatchee - still a 30-45 minute drive from the amphitheater. Book a room early, they fill up.

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Gorge

The Gorge is an experience of a lifetime. My husband and I usually stay at Crescent Bar Resort http://www.crescentbarresort.com/ You won't want to leave and it is very short drive to the Gorge. Another option that wasn't stated is Moses Lake (many options there) It is about a 45 min. drive once you get out of the kaos of the Gorge parking nightmare. You park in like a pasture...and it is very organized when you get there but when you leave...everybody has their own idea of which direction to go, to get out. It can take for ever to get out of there. But you still have fun doing that! Have fun!