We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

Wicklow, Ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

Hi there

My husband and I are spending two weeks in the States at the end of July, visiting Boston, Washington and Cape Cod. It is his birthday at the start of July and I'd love to get him a present to use when we're there.

He loves sport so I was wondering if anyone knows of any basketball/football/ice hockey/other sport games on in Washington around that time. We have tickets to a baseball game in Boston already.

He also loves his food, so if anyone can recommend any well-known, but reasonably priced restaurants that would help too.

He likes bands like U2, Foo Fighters, etc so concert tickets might be a nice idea.

He's really looking forward to visiting the Smithsonian but that's free. Are there any similar places that I could buy him tickets for?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Laura

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

Hi Laura,

Welcome to TA. Sound like a fabulous trip and gift for your husband.

This is the Washington STATE forum, on the West coast of the US.

I believe you are looking for the Washington DC forum, here is the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28970-i40-Washing…

Wicklow, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

Whoops. Thanks for the help.

I obviously need to brush up on my US geography!!

Thanks again!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

You only missed by 3,000 miles or so.

4. Re: Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 14:35
5. Re: Sport/restaurant/concert present for husband

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16