I’m in Maryland and plan to travel to Vancouver, WA for about 5 days in mid-August. Will be travelling with my husband and 12 month old daughter. Since this is my first vacation with my daughter I do not want to rush around too much. We plan to visit Seattle and the national parks - Mt. Rainier or Olympic (Vancouver to Seattle and then to the parks as they are closer to Seattle) . Not to make things hectic we plan to choose one of them and stay for at least 2 days. From what I have been able to research people seem to prefer Olympic over Mt. Rainier. Please let me know your recommendations keeping in mind that we have a baby with us.
Here are my questions:
1) Is Mid-August a good time to travel to WA. I checked the tickets and they were cheaper around that time.
2) We do not plan to camp. Please let us know your recommendations for staying at the national parks. Are cabins a good idea with the baby.
3) I read Mt. Rainier is really pretty in August because of the Wild flowers, but it has to be a good day to visit it. Do you recommend we try and fit in a one day trip to Mt. Rainier too, is it a ‘do not miss’ attraction.
4) Are two days enough in Olympic, we just want to have a nice stay and soak in the scenery.
5) We do plan to visit Seattle but are leaning towards spending more time in the parks, how many days do you recommend in Seattle.
Please help me plan my trip, I’m having this vacation after such a long time, want to make the most of it.