We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from Vancouver to ONP

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Topic
Route from Vancouver to ONP

Hello again,

We are driving from Vancouver to ONP on a Friday morning, maybe leave downtown Vancouver around 7 am. What is the bridge situation right now? The main bridge linking SEA to Vancouver, the one that fell a couple of months ago (I have been trying to find fresh info online but no success)

What is the best route to drive from Vancouver to ONP. Googlemaps gave me different routes. Right now I am more likely to choose this one: http://goo.gl/maps/4UOQK What do you think?

I understand it will take a little longer but the road looks more pleasant and also we are going up to Vancouver by the I-5 so to see something different on our way back is great. BUT if the difference on time is very long I rather spend less time on the road.

My concerns are traffic and speed limit in this area. Also we need to stock up on food since we will be camping the 2 first nights. Any suggestion where I can find a grocery store, food market on the mentioned route. Organic and fresh food much appreciated

Another question is how easy is to find a gas station in/around the park. I can see in my map that there is one on Kalaloch Lodge? How expensive is it? Is it much cheaper in Forks or PA?

Thanks very much again. You guys are such awesome for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,690 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route from Vancouver to ONP

Keep in mind that GoogleMaps' time estimate represents a best case scenario. Also, this estimate refers to the trip between Port Angeles and Vancouver, and I don't remember where you are going beyond Port Angeles. Friday, unfortunately, is the absolute worst day to travel to the Olympic Peninsula in the summer, as half of Seattle seems to want to head there for the weekend. Be prepared for heavy traffic.

For excellent, high quality food, most of it local and some of it organic, stop at Sunny Farms Grocery, right on 101 just west of Sequim.

There are gas stations all over the place. Port Angeles has many. Forks has several. Lake Pleasant on route to Forks has one. LaPush has one. You should have no problem finding gas.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route from Vancouver to ONP

Are you going from Vancouver to the Hoh or to Port Angeles? That makes a difference in what your route is! If you are visiting the Hoh where are you staying? Are you visiting any other parts of the Park?

San Diego...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Route from Vancouver to ONP

Initially we wanted to start our visit to the park from the South and end up at Port Angeles. But because we decided to go to Vancouver before visiting the Park it seems like the fastest way to get there is by theroute mentioned in my post. SO we will stay our first night in Hurricane Ridge.

We will be there for 4 days so we are going to be visiting most of the main places.

Another question: How long does it take to go from Quinault River to Port Townsend. We are spending our last night in Port Townsend and the hotel has check-in time that we need to respect...

Thanks again guys.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,694 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route from Vancouver to ONP

Since there is a Vancouver Washington I thought you were referring to it and not Vancouver BC. From PT to Quinault is between 3.5 to 4hours. There are, however, a lot of things worth stopping Gordon on the way.

5. Re: Route from Vancouver to ONP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17