We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

Hi we are busy trying to plan a 14 day road trip from Seattle

day 1 Seattle

day 2 Seattle

day 3 Whistler

day 4 Jasper

day 5 lake Louise

day 6 Banff

day 7 Banff

day 8 ??

day 9 West Yellowstone

day 10 West Yellowstone

day 11??

day 12 Portland

day 13 Astoria

day 14 Seattle

we are hoping to be able to fit in Yellowstone NP and also to do the drive from Kalispell to Browning

any help would be appreciated. thanks Alison

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

What kind of help? That's a lot of driving. When are you doing this?

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

This is an overly ambitious, terribly rushed schedule. Have you checked the driving times between Whistler and Jasper, Banff and West Yellowstone, and West Yellowstone and Portland? I echo Henry F's question as to time of year. Please reconsider this foolish schedule.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

I agree that's a lot of driving...

I'd skip whistler and take I90 from Seattle into Montana it's much faster and will give you more time in other places.

I'll see if we can get Pam our DE for Yellowstone to give you a good idea of Montana and what to expect.

You could do glacier and Yellowstone and come back a different route to Portland through the gorge then up to Seattle or SEA if you're returning the car there and flying out. You'll have to say all night somewhere along there as it takes at least 2 days from West Yellowstone to Portland. The drive along the gorge is worth it.

Collie

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

Since you are planning a multi state road trip, you'll get your best help on the Road Trip forum. The Washington State forum is for questions about the state of Washington. Chuck.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,870 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

I'm with the others. Long, rushed trip for only 2 days in Yellowstone area. As others have indicated time of year is critical to this plan, although this seems to be a pitiful snow year so far.

Give us more into, perhaps as suggested, on the Road Trip forum.

Collie, thanks for the heads up!

Pam

6. Re: 14 day round trip from Seattle via rockies need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:19