We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

2 posts
Save Topic
Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and thought I'd first say Hi, and also see if you expert trip planners can help me plan the perfect trip/date.

I'm from Spokane. Originally I was going to take my best friend (who I hope by the end of this trip will finally let me be her boyfriend) to Edmonton Mall in Canada, but she's having issues getting her birth certificate for her enhanced drivers license. She still may get it in time, but I want a backup plan in-case.

So we'd be leaving on Friday the 18th of April and coming back on Monday the 21st. I've got about $3,000 to spend on this trip. If we can't go to Caada I was thinking of maybe a fun circle through Seattle, then Portland, and then back to Spokane, but I don't know what to do in any of these cities. I want a lot of fun and a little romance. But maybe some of you know of a single place that you can easily spend 4 days at anywhere in Washington, Oregon, or Idahl. I'm up for any suggestions. Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

How about a drive from Spokane to Palouse Falls, then down to Walla Walla (be there on a Saturday and there is wine tasting). From Walla Walla, head over to the Columbia Gorge for a day or two. From the Gorge, drive over to Portland for a brief visit, then up and around Mt. Rainier and back to Spokane via Yakima.

Just one of many trips, but the waterfalls are in full flow right now, and the north end of the state is snowy.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

What about Coeur d"Alene that's what many people do, treat her to the resort she'll love it.

Take the boat trip around the lake, take her to all the cute shops and buy her something.

Have lunch at Beverly's with it's gorgeous view. Even people from the coast go to Coeur d"Alene for their wedding or vacations.

Run up to Silverwood.

There is a lot to do around here for those 4 days otherwise you'll spend to much time trying to get from one place to another, just a thought.

Collie

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

Thank you both. I'll look into all of that. I forgot silverwood will be open, but I think this early is only weekends and limited rides. We actually might bump the trip back a week to give her more time to get her enhanced license because we really want to do Edmonton Mall. She forgot that weekend was Easter....so that cramps the plans anyways.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

Check out their web-site...

www.silverwoodthemepark.com

Silverwood had a jobs fair here a week or two ago but I can't remember when they are opening.

You could still take her to the mall and book the honeymoon suite at the resort but it's gets booked up fast, and no you don't have to be married to book it, lol.

www.coeurdalene.org

Collie

5. Re: Help planning a 4-day date in the Northwest!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:15