We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Passes

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Metro Passes

How much are the daily passes for the metro. Can you get multi-day passes?

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro Passes

http://www.wmata.com/riding/passes.cfm

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro Passes

Here is the low-down about the DC metro system:

It is very clean, effecient and climate controlled and I highly recommend using it to get around the city. HOWEVER, I STRONGLY urge you to avoid using it during rush hour if at all possible.

The way it works is, you buy a farecard at the terminal depending on where you are and where you want to go and whether or not it's rush hour (prices are higher). You can put from $1 up to $20 I think on a farecard. Depending on how many stops you are going to make, this can last you a couple of days or a week.

NOTE: ONE FARECARD PER PERSON!!!!!

A VERY common mistake among tourists is thinking you can buy one farecard for an entire group. Each person must have their own farecard. The system is not forgiving, you will not get your money back if you try to put all of your money on one card and have everybody go through the turnstile.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro Passes

Here is the low-down about the DC metro system:

It is very clean, effecient and climate controlled and I highly recommend using it to get around the city. HOWEVER, I STRONGLY urge you to avoid using it during rush hour if at all possible.

The way it works is, you buy a farecard at the terminal depending on where you are and where you want to go and whether or not it's rush hour (prices are higher). You can put from $1 up to $20 I think on a farecard. Depending on how many stops you are going to make, this can last you a couple of days or a week.

NOTE: ONE FARECARD PER PERSON!!!!!

A VERY common mistake among tourists is thinking you can buy one farecard for an entire group. Each person must have their own farecard. The system is not forgiving, you will not get your money back if you try to put all of your money on one card and have everybody go through the turnstile.