We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetown - Shops, Tudor Place, Kennedy Home

East Leroy, Michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Georgetown - Shops, Tudor Place, Kennedy Home

We will be in DC for 3 full days Memorial Day weekend. I was wondering if Georgetown for half a day is worth the trip. I heard there were unique shops on Wisconsin Ave. What kind of shops are there? Is there more then just the shops at Georgetown Park? Those seem to be "mall type" shops (J Crew, etc.). We would be interested in shops that we can't find back home. Also thinking of going to Tudor Place. Is a tour worth it? Also would like to see the Kennedy home but there are no tours of it, correct? Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,589 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetown - Shops, Tudor Place, Kennedy Home

There are lots more shops than just the ones in Georgetown Park. Some are chains, but many are not. The main shopping area is in every direction from the intersection of Wisconsin and M Streets NW, though not too much to the south. Georgetown is part of DC and is not an out of the way place. It was a town before DC was built, so some places are quite old, by US standards.

Only you can decide if Tudor Place is worth it or not. It all depends on your interests. It is not on many people's "Must See" list. The house where the Kennedy's lived (and I think there is more than one) are all private homes, to the best of my knowledge. No tours offered.

Edited: 13 May 2011, 18:22
2. Re: Georgetown - Shops, Tudor Place, Kennedy Home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 05:49