We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

Voorhees NJ
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

Hi, I'm traveling with my 83 yearl old dad to DC, and he wants to spend time at the Air & Space Museum. I'm looking for an affordable hotel (less than $200 a night) in an area that is either close to the museum, or a quick cab ride away. Any recommendations?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

You will need to give your EXACT dates, number of people and beds needed in order to get any suggestions. There is one hotel about half a mile away -- L'Enfant Plaza Hotel -- but it is in a dead area with just office buildings so at night you will need to take Metrorail or a taxi to dinner. I think that's the closest anyway.

You could always use the search nearby feature at Google Maps or some similar mapping website.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

Which Air & Space Museum? The one in DC, or the one near Dulles Airport?

Williamston...
Level Contributor
866 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

The closest hotel is the Holiday Inn- Washington-Capitol. It's about 2 blocks east of the museum.(I think you'll walk a greater distance on the first floor of the museum alone). It should also be within your price range as well. Some will say there's not much going on in the area in the evening, and that's true, but I'm assuming your dad is probably not there for the nightlife. You can eat in the hotel restaurant (a tad expensive for my tastes) but you can afford to splurge with the money you saved on cab fare.

4. Re: Affordable hotel close to or cab ride from Air & Space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:45