We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
545 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

I've got to be at the DC Convention Center tomorrow morning at 9 am for Greenfest. I'm sort of on the fence about whether to drive the whole way, or park at New Carrolton, and take Metro the rest of the way. (How's parking at the Convention Center? $$? Scarce?)

If I do the Metro thing, how much time do you think I should allow for the train? I know trains don't run as often on the weekends and I'm a bit worried about being late.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

Street parking is free and not restricted on Sundays, but give yourself plenty of time to find a spot and time to walk from wherever that spot is to the convention center.

Other than that there is no such thing as free parking in DC. Commercial garages tend to charge around $20 for parking for a whole day.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
545 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

Thanks! I spent more time checking out wmata, etc. I think I'll try parking at Greenbelt and taking the train. I fear that getting back out of the city will be a challenge. Besides, I can read a book on the train.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

On a Sunday I would drive probably need at least an extra half hour for parking, waiting for train, etc. either way works, just personal preference.

4. Re: Baltimore to the DC Convention Ctr Sunday. Drive or Metro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:17