We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

A friend from Va Beach wants to attend a casting call scheduled to be held Sat. 8/10 at Madam's Organ 18th St NW. Wondering if traffic and parking issues make it best to park somewhere else and take the Metro. I am not familiar with getting around DC so if someone could suggest a park and ride for Sat morning. Option 2, an outlying area with clean, safe motel if you know of one that is not too costly (maybe under $150 per night, way under if possible) to spend Friday night, then Metro into area close to Madam's Organ on Sat. morning. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

Oops, I should have read the "Top Questions" before posting:), some of those posts contain much of the information I need. Thank you and I'll keep reading.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

Madam's Organ is in Adams Morgan. The closest metro station is Woodley Park, which is on the red line. It is a not terrible walk. You could also catch the Circulator from Woodley Park to the corner of Adams Mill, Calvert, and Colombia (2nd stop, I think). That same Circulator bus goes in the other direction from McPherson Sq (orange and blue) and Colombia Heights (yellow) but in traffic that can be a long ride.

Is the casting call in the morning? Saturday morning is not a busy area in Adams Morgan, at least not until brunch time. It's possible you could find parking nearby in one of the side streets.

Places to stay would include further out on the red line, and then taking the train in. I'd recommend the Shady Grove side. However, check wmata.com (the metro website) for track work, timings, etc.

3. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 05:05
Edited: 07 August 2013, 05:05
Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

badtzmaru5, thanks for your detailed post. I think the casting call starts at 10am and lasts most of the day. I will offer your advice and they can choose whatever meets their comfort level.

DCpedicab, great business, and I will ask my friend to write a review if they use your services.

I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond, your posts were helpful.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

Most of the parking in Adams Morgan area is for two hours only, unless you find a parking meter. Might be easier to take the metro and then either walk or ride the Circulator bus (picks up right outside woodley park metro, bright red bu, $1 each way). Btw, Tryst is fantastic for grabbing lunch or coffee if your friend needs a break, just a few doors down from Madam's Organ.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

UkieDC, thanks for the information and tip about Tryst, much appreciated.

7. Re: Advice Getting to Madam's Organ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:20