We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable, experienced travel agent

Washington, DC
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reliable, experienced travel agent

Looking for a travel agent in the northern VA, DC, close in MD area. Thanks in advance!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable, experienced travel agent

I do not have a specific company or agent to recommend, but keep in mind that many travel agents are experts in specific destinations or type of travel. For example, if you want to go to China, using a general travel agent or one who specializes in cruises, may or may not be a good idea (depending on the agent, of course).

I know this doesn't help, but knowing where you want to go and then looking for agents with a good reputation who can help you will make the process easier.

dctravel

Washington, DC
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable, experienced travel agent

Many thanks for responding. I thought of that too but just not sure of destination. It's for a girls reunion and I'd prefer to go where English is not the first language or where I'll at least hear an accent. It's for about 5 days. There are 4 of us departing from different cities on the east coast.(DC to Boston) and we're looking at September 2014. We're very young, spirited 60 y.o. but not too athletically active. Any suggestions.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable, experienced travel agent

This is outside of this forum, but I think your choices for an area that speaks a foreign language for 5 days is a little limited depending on how far you want to travel. If you want to stay in the United States, New Orleans could be a good choice. They of course, speak English there, but some folks have Cajan or French mixed in.

Other choices that come to mind: Montreal, Quebec City, Iceland, Ireland, Paris, England, Scotland, Costa Rica. I personally would stay away from the Caribbean or Mexico in September because of Hurricane season, but many of the Islands, Mexico might have good deals too.

Just my 2 cents.

dctravel

4. Re: Reliable, experienced travel agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:19