We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rethinking July 3-6 trip. Should we pick another time?

Level Contributor
223 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rethinking July 3-6 trip. Should we pick another time?

We are visiting July 3-6.

Snagged the Holiday Inn downtown for a descent price.

I know DC will be packed its summer its a holiday weekend.

We are bringing 2 kids (15,10)

Would like to visit air and space, spy museum and holocaust museum , plus do a moonlight tour of the monuments.

Is this doable?

Would we be better off to postpone until maybe the first weekend in Aug?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rethinking July 3-6 trip. Should we pick another time?

Your schedule is entirely doable. As to whether you reschedule, yes, it's a bit (a lot?) more crowded than other times, but you've managed to book a hotel that is an easy walk from the fireworks display on the 4th. Seeing the fireworks over the monuments is well worth a visit -- the challenge for folks is usually getting into the city. You've checked that box off, so why not have a memorable 4th of July? Also, as of now the weather for the afternoon of the 4th and then the 5th and 6th look very good. August starts to get into thunderstorm season, and your odds of afternoon rainouts increases. So, if it were me, and particularly if I'd never seen the D.C. fireworks display, I'd stick with the trip as planned.

2. Re: Rethinking July 3-6 trip. Should we pick another time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 07:16