We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Dress?

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Dress?

We'll be packing next week for a trip to DC and are wondering if coat and tie are required at either of these restaurants where we have reservations: Neyla at 3206 N Street, NW

Washington, DC 20007 or 701 Restaurant at 701 Pennsylvania Ave. It would be great to leave the jacket behind and use the space for other things, but we don't want to feel out of place, either.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Dress?

Not sure, but I do suggest you post this under the Wash DC (as opposed to the District of Columbia) forum. Not sure why they have two and this one is not read as much. There are some foodies on the Wash DC forum that will probably be able to help you.

Wash DC forum......

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28970-i40-Washing…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Dress?

I can't answer about Neyla (I have never personally eaten there), but you DO NOT need a jacket and tie for 701. When I ate there most men were dressed in business casual attire (as was I) and the restaurant had no problem with it.

Unless I am wrong, there are only a handful of restaruants in Washington that require a jacket and tie including The Prime Rib and 1789.

3. Re: Restaurant Dress?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:20