We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On and Off tours

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
346 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
On and Off tours

It sounds like the Trolly and Tourmobile can get really crowded at busy times. I wanted to take one of them on Easter Sunday, of all times. I think the Tourmobile holds more people. Do you think it would be a complete waste of money? My plan was to take the Metro to Arlington Cemetery and take the Tourmobile for that. Then I thought we'd either take the Trolly or Tourmobile and stay on it for the complete ride and then pick someplace to get off on the second time around. Does this sound feasible or would we be waiting forever?

D.C. Ducks
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Duck Tours
Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On and Off tours

Sounds very feasible. By that time of year, the vehicles might be a little more frequent to handle the larger passenger demand (unlike right now!). You don't have to catch the Tourmobile at the Cemetery - you can pick it up anywhere along the route.

Staying aboard for a complete circle is a great idea - you can get an idea of where everything is, spatially. Then you can pick and choose where to get off. And if you get tired of waiting for the Tourmobile, the DC Circulator bus follows an identical route for only a buck a ride.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
346 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On and Off tours

Thank you for your reply. I'm really looking forward to this trip because we have never been there before. I'm also planning on taking one of the evening tours because I want to see the buildings at night. Those tours stop at some of the memorials so I won't get off at any of those on the day tour. I set up a tour of the Capitol with our Congressman's aide for Monday and there are a couple of the museums I'd like to visit. I think we'll go to the Holocaust Museum on Saturday and one other one on Monday. Tuesday afternoon we're getting a car and Wednesday we're going to Mount Vernon and then driving to Gettysburg. We're coming back on Thursday and also have all day Friday before flying home Saturday morning. We should be able to see quite a lot in all that time - don't you think?

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On and Off tours

I may be mistaken FerndaleGirl, but I think that the Trolley tickets are only good for one complete loop. I don't think you can do a complete loop and then start getting on and off the second time around. I think you will have to have some ideas of where you want to get on/off before you start your loop.

As I said, I may be mistaken, but I would check their website or call them to double check this.

4. Re: On and Off tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:20