We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner after Shear Maddness

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner after Shear Maddness

My husband, my 18 year old daughter and I will be going to the 6 pm Shear Maddness on Sat. night. We are staying at the Embassy Suites Convention Center. Does anyone have any suggestions for dinner after the show - either by the theater or by the hotel.

Also, will it possible to get tickets to Monuments by Moonlight on Friday for Friday night or do I need to purchase them in advance?

Thanks for your help.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
299 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

I'm a firm believer in advance purchase (or at least reservations) any time I travel. Are you waiting to buy because you're not sure if the tour will fit into your schedule? If Monuments by Moonlight is booked when you get there on Friday, Tourmobile offers a night tour and they ~only~ sell tickets for it on the same day. Their ticket booth is also at Union Station, so you won't have to go far if you don't have any luck at the Monuments by Moonlight desk.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

I just attended a show at the Kennedy Center for the first time a few weeks ago (a ballet) and I have lived in DC for almost 5 years! The Center is beautiful and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've heard good things about Shear Madness from friends.

From the Kennedy Center's website, here's a list of restaurants near the theater:

kennedy-center.org/visitor/otherrestaurants.…

Near your hotel, Courduroy (1201 K St. NW - located in the Four Points by Sheraton hotel) has a great reputation, although I've never been. There's also a Ruth Chris (724 9th St NW) near your hotel and although it's a chain, I always like the restaurant for a gooid steak. Zaytinya (701 9th St NW) has fantastic Mediterranean tapas. It's a wonderful dining experience.

I would reccomend making reservations at whatever restaurant you chose - Saturday night is always busy and the restaurants I've suggested are very popular.

DC
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

Also, if you are a fan of the movie The Turning Point with Shirley McClain (sp?) and Anne Bancroft, the balcony overlooking the Potomac river is where they had their famous slap fest. Just a little trivia.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

Thank you for the help and information! We are really looking forward to our trip.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
559 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

I'm a frequent visitor to the KC and I am a big fan of Restaurant 600 in the Watergate Hotel. It's just outside the front door of the KC to the left and down the steps. I've never had a bad meal.

You can view their menu at

http://www.600restaurant.com/menu.html

I have eaten at both restaurants inside the KC and they are expensive and the food is just okay.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

I just made reservations for 600 Restaurant. It looks wonderful. Thank you for the suggestion.

7. Re: Dinner after Shear Maddness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:19