We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of the FBI building

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Tour of the FBI building

Hi there,

Can you tour the FBI building?

6 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of the FBI building

Tours are available of "The FBI Experience" but requests must be made in advance through the office of a U.S. Representative or Senator. That's similar to what one must do in order to tour the White House. As a non-citizen, you are not prevented from requesting a tour, but you would have to find a congressional representative who would accept your request.

If you want to pursue this, I suggest you read the Top Question (full site, not mobile) about how to tour the White House as a foreigner for some tips on finding such a congressional representative as well as the info about FBI tours on the link below.

https:/…the-fbi-experience

Edited: 12 October 2017, 12:30
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of the FBI building

I don't believe non-citizens can tour the FBI building unless they have a green card. This is on the page longhorn linked to: "All visitors to The FBI Experience must be U.S. citizens or valid green card holders."

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of the FBI building

Whoops--ignore my previous post. I missed the part in the FBI info which said tour participants must be U.S. citizens or green card holders. You aren't eligible to request a tour of The FBI Experience. (The same is NOT true for requesting a tour of the White House. Foreign visitors are welcome to apply for those tours.)

Edited: 12 October 2017, 12:50
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of the FBI building

Ohh thanks for link.. boo. Oh well!

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of the FBI building

That's unfortunate. In the early 1960s, I remember the FBI Tour was a very popular favorite for boys and men. During the Cold War, and after release of the book/ Hollywood film "The FBI Story." Long before Mr. Hoover became discredited for his overstepping of authority.

Edited: 14 October 2017, 23:36
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of the FBI building

The tour was also popular with "girls and women".

Reply to: Tour of the FBI building
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted