We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel near DC Metro

Falls Wyoming...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Cheap hotel near DC Metro

Any tips on cheap hotels near the Metro stations in or around Washington DC? Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$150.00*
13 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,970 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

"Cheap" is a relative term. What you might consider to be "cheap" may not be what I do. You should really state your budget and dates of travel as rates can fluctuate greatly depending on the time of year.

However, having said that, two oft-mentioned budget hotels in DC and nearby Arlington are: Harrington Hotel (DC) and Americana Hotel (Arlington).

Springfield
Level Contributor
346 posts
146 reviews
2. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

Besides the Harrington which is a budget hotel with a super location, there is a hostel here with good prices.

See address below:

1009 11th Street NW

Washington DC, District of Columbia 20001

Call 1 (202) 737-2333

WashingtonDC@hiusa.org

I have not stayed there personally. Does anyone know about this property? Perhaps, you can share information.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,238 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

That’s a hostel, not a regular hotel. Fine for some people, but not for everyone.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

Since OP gave basically no information at all, suggesting a hostel instead of a hotel is not beyond the pale.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

yeah, I think a hostel might work, although most people don't want to stay in one, you never know. But what does that mean, "near a metro station"? Anywhere in the entire DC metro system, including other states? The metro goes out for miles. IN general, I think hotels near Va metro stations are cheaper than Maryland suburbs where I might be willing to stay as a tourist, but it really depends on the dates. If solo, around COurthouse metro might be convenient as there are bars and restos around there. IN fact, the Days Inn on Ct Ave NW is right near a metro station in a good area, also. But on the right dates, you can get a cheap hotel close to center.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,354 posts
179 reviews
6. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

It's worth checking Rosslyn, across the Potomac in Arlington.

Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
7. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

I'm returning to the area in March 2018 and just booked a room at the Americana Hotel for $100 a night. Nearest metro is no more than a half mile away.

Iowa
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

I'll be there in January and booked the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Dupont Circle for $95/night through Priceline. Pick the area, give them a price and they pick the hotel.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

The hostel has good reviews and is in central location. Private suite with private bath for up to two people seems to be $119 in January. Additionally may have $3 per person per day membership plus taxes. Includes free breakfast.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,666 posts
48 reviews
10. Re: Cheap hotel near DC Metro

Without the OP coming back and telling us when they're visiting, the well-intentioned hotel rates above about January and March may not help.

Reply to: Cheap hotel near DC Metro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted