We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

I am planning a weekend trip to DC for 10 girls to celebrate our 35th birthdays in November. Looking for recommendations on a nice hotel with a bar/lounge that is walking distance to nightlife and shops.Restaurant and bar recommendations and must do tours also appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

On your first morning, tour the national mall. The area is a must see.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,182 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

Hotel Palomar near Dupont Circle.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

I highly recommend the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.on F St. NW, close to everything, including several Jose Andres restaurants and a metro. It is within walking distance of the Smithsonians, Ford Theater and the White House.

The hotel itself is beautiful with a great bar and outside courtyard area with fire pits.

Israel
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
580 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

Visit the monuments (especially including Iwo Jima across the river) at night

Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

Unfortunately the Iwo Jima memorial is closed until early 2018 for renovations. Last time I was there they had a path through the fencing that you could take to get close to it, but since it was covered in scaffolding there wasn't much to see. The other big memorials near by (air force and pentagon) are open though.

Maryland
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend

Maybe take a look at the Lowes Madison Hotel or something close to Logan Circle. The area north of the hotel on 14th (and around 14th & U) is a hotbed for nightlife.

Dupont might work as well.

Reply to: First Trip to DC - Girls weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted