We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with my Itinerary

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Help with my Itinerary

Hello Friends in Washington DC and all over the world !

One week to go and I'm having a bit of difficutly to optimise my itinerary such that we achieve the most of our time in Washington DC. I've noted down the things I would like to do but I'm having difficutly picking the best way to see things so that we optimise time.

Here's the list of things that I would like to do :

I understand that that we won't have much time but I would appreciate your help.

* The Memorials *

How long will it take to leisurely walks through these momunets ?

Starting from the Washington Monument -> World War II -> Vietman Veterans Museum -> Lincoln Memorial -> Korean Was Veteran Memorial -> FDR Memorial -> Jefferson Memorial. By leisurely I mean stopping and taking pictures, taken in the atmosphere etc etc. I just need to know how much time I need to allocate to that.

then...

* Capitol Hill *

Walking these route : from the Ulysses S Grant Memorial to US Capitol -> Library of Congress -> US Supreme Court -> to the Senate House. How long will this take ? Again I need to get an idea to allocate the appropriate time space.

Question : Is it possible to get into the Capitol Hill. I'm not a US resident so I don't know whether that is possible.

then finally we would like to do some of the Museums notably, the National Air Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art and the National Portrait Gallery.

I have 2.5 days in Washington so I don't know whether that is possible. We arrive there on Tuesday 3rd of April. Our flight from the UK gets into Dulles at 2pm local time. I'm not sure how much we will be able to do in the first day but I would appreciated anybody's advice.

Thanks,

London Greek Guy

DC
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with my Itinerary

Hiya Mopsy,

It had been closed for such a long time for reconstruction I almost forgot it is there. I work just down the block from there. I'm going to have to go soon and check it out.

Cheers,

Dev

12. Re: Help with my Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:21