We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flights in IAD Airport?

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Connecting flights in IAD Airport?

I will be most likely flying domestically from Texas to IAD maybe with United Airlines. How can I go to the international flights (Desk 2 for Qatar AIrways) do I just exit the airport after baggage claim. Then how do I get back to the floor where the Qatar Airways/International Flights are? Can I walk there or what.

Thank you

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$18.20*
US$24.26
2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flights in IAD Airport?

There are not separate terminals for domestic and international flights. You could arrive at the same terminal you will leave from. If at all possible you should check you luggage through to your final destination. Otherwise you will have to come to the main terminal to collect your bags, go to recheck your bags at the Qatar desk and go through security before going out to the gate.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,263 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flights in IAD Airport?

“Passengers on flights from Washington D.C. with Qatar Airways will need to go to Departure Area 2 to find the Qatar Airways check-in desk. Once you have passed through security you will need to board an Aero Train, which will take you to the gates on the four main concourses.”

In other words, you get your bags and take the escalator up on level from Arrivals to Departures.

But the real issue is whether you’re doing this on 2 separate tickets.

If that’s the case, you run a risk of missing the Qatar flight if your incoming flight is delayed.

How much time do you have between the flights?

Reply to: Connecting flights in IAD Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted