We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

I think I read somewhere some tips on where to start in these museums but it was quite a long time ago and I can't remember. Are there several floors in each of them? Any suggestions on where to start?

Gaithersburg
Level Contributor
693 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

The American Museum of Natural History is closed for renovations until Summer 2008. The Air and Space will take a few hours, depending on your interest in the subject. A&S also has an annex out by Dulles Airport; accessible by shuttle bus.

DC
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

Hiya Need,

Didn't I hear somewhere that the shuttle has been discontinued to the Annex?

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

American History is the museum that's closed until 2008 and yes, I read here that the shuttle to the Udvar/Hazy Center has been discontinued.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

Natural History Museum is open.

Both I believe have 2 floors. I do recall that the walking in the Natural History Museum is a little rough. The tiled floors and standing waiting on the elevator if you need it. And it's a little dark in there if you ask me. But I love the exhibits there. Especially the diamonds and stones section.

Air and Space Museum I believe has 2 floors as well.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

Thank you. I know they will be very crowded but I guess we'll just have to do our best.

6. Re: Best way to see Natural History & Air & Space Museums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 14:27