We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Theater from Crystal Gateway Marriott

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
116 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
National Theater from Crystal Gateway Marriott

Will be staying at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in mid june. Considering a performance at the National Theater. Any idea of the cost of cab to and from the hotel to the Theater, does the metro go close to the theater and how safe is the Metro on a Friday or Saturday night after the performance?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Theater from Crystal Gateway Marriott

Probably easiest to take the Metro. The Metro goes straight to Metro Center and it is then about 1 1/2 blocks to the National Theater. You should be perfectly safe and many, if not most, of the people leaving will be heading to the Metro as well.

My guess for cab far would be about $20 each way, but I have never done it myself.

USA
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Theater from Crystal Gateway Marriott

You would proably pay about $18 for a cab. Cabs from Virginia will be metered, but Cabs from D.C. use a zone system--and across the River (Virginia) is outside the system--so ask the D.C. taxi driver the fare before you get in the Cab.

It is really much easier to take Metro though. Crystal City Metro station is right at the Gateway Marriott (you don't even go outside) and National Theater is right at Metro Center.

The Metro is extremely safe--espescially the route you would take.