We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Points Sheraton

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Four Points Sheraton

Has anyone out there stayed at the Four Points Sheraton on K street N.W.? I chose it mostly because of the heated indoor pool. We are traveling with our 2 boys, ages 8 and 11, and they love to swim. Its located in downtown, but I am wondering if I should of chose somewhere else after reading all these other posts. We are staying for a week. Any suggestions out there???

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Points Sheraton

I don't think you will have any problem there. It is downtown and in the business district so its not to busy around there at night and on the weekends, but I have heard good things about the hotel. It has a well reviewed restaurant and often has a very good price for downtown DC. You are a bit further from the metro there than at other hotels, but I think it is still a good choice.

Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Points Sheraton

Family-Friendly Hotels

Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown -- You're close to both a Red line and a Blue line Metro station (the zoo is on the Red line; the Smithsonian museums are on the Blue line) and within walking distance of Georgetown. Your kids can sleep on the pullout sofa in the separate living room. You've got some kitchen facilities, but you might not use them, since the complimentary breakfast in the atrium is unbelievable, and the restaurant discounts meals for hotel guests (anywhere from 10% to 20%), and has a special $4.95 kids menu. And there's an indoor pool and a free game room.

Hilton Washington -- A large heated outdoor pool, three tennis courts, and a goodie bag at check-in -- what more does a kid need?

Omni Shoreham Hotel -- Adjacent to Rock Creek Park, the Omni is also within walking distance of the zoo and Metro and is equipped with a large outdoor pool and kiddie pool. The hotel gives children a goodie bag at check-in and the concierge has a supply of board games at the ready (no charge to borrow, just remember to return).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Points Sheraton

I used to work right next door. Great restaurant for business lunches, but the area changes at night. You may be happier down at the J.W. Marriott as it's closer to the action. You'll be able to walk to almost all the major sites.