We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro at Night

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
8 posts
Save Topic
Metro at Night

Even though I live here in the DC area, I rarely ride the Metro at night, especially in SE. But tonight, I am going to the Nats game and I plan on taking the Metro. Is the Orange Line safe following a game at night? How is the walk from the stadium to the metro station?

Thanks

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro at Night

You really shouldn't worry. I personally don't have any qualms about riding metro at night in any case. But before and after baseball games there are thousands of people around. Literally, for your walk from the stadium to the metro station (and for your wait on the station platform) you will be accompanied by thousands of people.

Have a good time at the game!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro at Night

As stated before, you will be fine. You will be with lots of other people leaving the game as well. And actually the immediate area around from the stadium to the metro is not bad. Most of your walk will be going across the parking lots

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
904 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro at Night

I attended a game a few weeks ago - no issues at all. We were in a very large crowd to and from the game. Cars were full as they left the station. Seemed as if most of the people at the game were taking the Metro home.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,155 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro at Night

"On a game night, you'll have no problems. Other nights, I wouldn't recommend going across the Anacostia."

On any night, you don't have to cross the Anacostia to get to the stadium area. :)

5. Re: Metro at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 14:21