We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont or Madison?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont or Madison?

Both around the same rate. Which one is best for two days of sightseeing, how near the metro? Finding this is more difficult than New York (choosing hotel, that is!).

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont or Madison?

Both hotels are relatively close to a metro station. The Fairmont is near the Foggy Bottom metro station, serviced by both the blue and orange lines. The Madison is near the McPherson Square metro station, also serviced by both the blue and orange lines.

The Madison is probably a bit closer to the tourist sites. However, I think the Fairmont is the nicer property. Also, the Madison is located in Downtown DC, where there aren't many dining and night life options. The Fairmont, located in Foggy Bottom and within walking distance to Georgetown, is in a great location for dining and night life.

Personally, I'd choose the Fairmont, but it depends on what your'e looking for.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont or Madison?

Hmmmmm Fairmont.

It's walking distance to Georgetown and yet it's metro accessible.

I like the Madison too. Check out the reviews on this site and see which one you think you would like better. Also look at the Candid Traveler Photos. Those always help a little bit better than the photos provided by the hotel.

3. Re: Fairmont or Madison?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 03:17