We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

midwest
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

Family of 4 (includes 2 teenage boys) travelling to DC and staying at the Grand Hyatt. What CLEAN, reasonable (low to moderate) places do you recommend for meals nearby?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

You have chosen one of my favorite hotels in DC! There is a lot to eat in that area, here are a few of my favorites that hopefully fit your bill (having once been a teenage boy):

In the Grand Hyatt there is a pretty good sports bar called Grand Slam. Food is good and while the prices are a little high, they are not outrageous for a hotel.

Capitol City Brewery (1100 New York Avenue)

Hard Rock Cafe

ESPN Zone

Cosi (for breakfast and lunch)

And last night, I ate at Chef Geoff's (13th Street between E and F) and the food was excellent (everything from sandwhiches to full entrees) without being too expensive. I'm happy to suggest other places if these don't fit your bill.

dctravel

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

There are so many great restaurants in that area, my favorites include Jaleo for Spanish tapas, Five Guys for the the best burgers in town and Austin Grill for tex-mex. For a quick lunch, you might try Cosi for thier sandwiches and coffee and Teaism for their asian-inspired meals and tea. You are very close to Chinatown, and some of my favorites their include China Doll, Tony Cheng's, Full Key and Chinatown Garden.

midwest
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

Thank you for posting your answers. We so appreciate your knowledge!

Please tell us what your favorite Italian and Seafood restaurants are near the Grand Hyatt. Something extremely reasonable to moderate would be great -- preferably not a chain. It doesn't have to be fancy, but needs to be clean.

Thanks again. Keep your suggestions coming!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for family near Grand Hyatt

I haven't been to these restaurants yet, but my friends recommend Matchbox for their pizzas, and Legal Sea Food for seafood.