We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decent hotel that has smoking rooms

dayton,ohio
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
decent hotel that has smoking rooms

want to spend about 3 days in dc but having trouble finding a nice (at least a 3 star or more) hotel that has smoking rooms. doesn't matter if its in dc or the outskirts. any suggestions?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

I believe that you can still smoke at the St. Gregory Hotel and Suites and the Beacon Hotel, both of which are in the Dupont Circle area.

Here are the links so that you can see if they meet your standards:

capitalhotelswdc.com/StGregoryHotelWDC_com/

capitalhotelswdc.com/BeaconHotelWDC_com/

I've been on site visits to both properties. They're definitely solid three star hotels, in my opinion. Good luck and let us know where you book!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,863 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

Would you mind sharing which hotels you've checked that DON'T have them? I'm just curious...I know Westin and Marriotts are all smoke-free but I thought otherwise it was easy to reserve one elsewhere....

Blakeslee...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

I've been looking for the same thing & just found success at The Madison Hotel - a Loews Hotel.

It's 4-star & is in the heart of everything, just 4 blocks from the White House (so their website says!)

I found the best rate at Hotels.com rather than the hotel's website & am paying $299 for a Penthouse Junior Suite & the regular rooms are at $209.

That's pretty cheap for D.C. & it looks like a really lovely place.

If you find another place, please post it so I can check it out.

Have a good trip

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

Hi, Just wanted to tell you my husband and I and another couple stayed at the St. Gregorys Hotel in Dupont circle. 1: Yes you can smoke

2: The Hotel was GREAT!

Check out their web-site, and also ck the reviews from trip- advisor about this hotel. I cannot begin to say enough about this Hotel, and staff! We will be back!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

The Omni has smoking too.

6. Re: decent hotel that has smoking rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 18:16