We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

I'm on Priceline's website, booking my own price - put in $60 for 3* upscale in ARlington. Does it not tell me ANYTHING other than 3*? We need something near a metro stop. With that said is Priceline maybe NOT the way to go for us?

For instance, I clicked on 3* hotels in Arlington and it showed me maybe 8-10 in Crystal City (looked like all on 1 main street) and 3 running SW from D.C. in Arlington (again, on the same street maybe?) - I'm guessing I'd have to then pull up a metro map to see where the metro stops are or check each hotel's web site for that info to see if 'most' of them are near a metro stop to reduce my gamble? Am I on the right track?

Is there a guideline as to where to start bidding for each of the room categories? I looked on betterbidding.com and it wasn't very easy to get anywhere & maps wouldn't pull up.

I printed off some stuff from betterbidding and I'll peruse it before I go to bed tonight but if anyone could answer any of my concerns I'd really appreciate it.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

If it were in Crystal City and ranked 3 Star take whatever you can get. Most, if not all of the "hotels" in Crystal City are decent, clean, and good locations. Be careful if it just says Arlington because it could be somewhere not close to metro and a little too far out. Arlington is big.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

It might be the only way to go.

Here is the link of DC's metro map, you can click on the station, it will show the streets near the station.

Good luck.

stationmasters.com/System_Map/system_map.html

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

I'm not sure about all 3*s in Crystal City being good choices. My guess would be that includes places like the Sheraton Pentagon (not a very good location). I really don't know how the stars work because some places do not live up to their star rating! Maybe I'm just a skeptic... good luck!!

4. Re: Room for 3 nts near Metro stop-trying to use Priceline-help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:21