We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

My sister and I are taking our Mother to DC to celebrate her 80th birthday. We are seeing a concert at the Kennedy Center one night and would love some suggestions for a restaurant by the theater.. Our show starts at 7 pm so it would be an early meal.

Thanks for your help!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

What's your budget? Not knowing that, I'd recommend Notti Bianchi. Check their website for a menu.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

This is a special trip so we are happy to spend some money on dinner.

I'll check that restaurant. Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Also check out Marcel's (http://www.marcelsdc.com/). It is a French-Belgian restaurant that also provides transportation to and from the Kennedy Center after your meal.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Notti Bianchi is a good one

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Okay, I'm still puttingin a vote for Notti Bianchi, but I didn't know Marcel's had transportation. That's a nice perk. I'd second the Marcel's recommendation too. It's been a while since I ate there, but it still gets good reviews. A bit further away is Blue Duck Tavern, which I'd also recommend. It's in the Park Hyatt Hotel so perhaps they also have a shuttle that could take you to the Kennedy Center.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

I would highly recommend the Roof Terrace Restaurant at the top of the Kennedy Center. It is actually very good, with nice views over the city, and is really convenient, especially since you have such an early show. People usually want to know where the locals go, and well, I'm a local, my office is within 2 blocks of some of the best restaurants in DC, and I nevertheless like to go to this restaurant before a show at the Kennedy Center. The setting is wonderful - be sure to walk out on the terrace for great views of the city (better than from the lower level terrace). It is very formal and elegant, great for a special birthday, and you can't beat the convenience.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Here's the website to see a sample menu:

kennedy-center.org/visitor/restaurant_terrac…

Level Contributor
503 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

Some friends and I ate at Notti Bianchi after a Kennedy Center show the other night and it was fine. I wouldn't recommend it as one of the best restaurants in DC, but if you want to be close to the KC, this is right in the mix. It's not cheap ($40 a person) but easily half of what Marcel's would run you. They have half portions of the pasta dishes and half pours of the wines by the glass, and pre-theater and post-theater specials (I think $39 for 3 courses). It's a few blocks away, but as long as you're all fairly ambulatory and the weather holds you should be good.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

I would second the KC restaurant for the sheer magic of

the setting as a place your mother will never forget. Make

a reservation early enough so that you don't have to rush.

They know how to get people out in time for their

performances. The food is quite good. You could even

come up again for desert after the concert to give a

nice finish to the evening.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near the Kennedy Center

I have to modify my recommendation of the Roof Terrace Restaurant at the Kennedy Center, after having dinner there last week. It is a lovely setting, and particularly convenient for an early show, but I was quite disappointed in the food this time. My dinners there over the years have generally been very good, but I found it very disappointing this time. I had three courses, and only the steak was good. (I was not thrilled to be stuck with ordering a simple steak, but didn't find the other entrees appealing.) In contrast to prior visits, I was very suprised to find the restaurant only about half full. The quality does seem to have gone downhill here.