We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D.C. parking

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
D.C. parking

We are going to drive into D.C. from Phily and I was wondering where is a good place to park where we will be able to catch the trolley to all the mall attractions????

Also what restaurant in D.C has the best crabcakes??

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D.C. parking

I think the best crabcakes are in MD :) Don't wanna start a war here or anything...

You can check out some of the seafood restaurants like Pesce, Kinkeads, Hook, Blacksalt.... couldn't tell you if they have crabcakes all the time but you get the idea... depends on your budget too...

As for parking on the mall, well it depends on what time of the week you want to be there.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,608 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D.C. parking

I would suggest parking at Union Station, the trolley picks up there and it's about $15 a day I think.

Like the other response....all I can think of is all the great crabcakes in Maryland that you'll be driving past on your way from Philadelphia to Washington lol.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D.C. parking

Just outside of DC in Silver Spring MD is Crisfields. It's also like a diner so it's inexpensive, you can try that place also, all depends on what you want.

Crisfields

8012 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D.C. parking

When are you coming?

If it's a weekend you can park anywere downtown or even in a parking garage which on the weekends charge around $9.00 or less for all day parking.

Best crabcakes will be found in MD. But in DC eventhough it's a chain I think Ruth's Chris has a pretty good crab cake.

Also another chain is Clyde's, I find that they have a decent crab cake. Several locations in the area. Or Market Inn restaurant (www.marketinndc.com)

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D.C. parking

I agree with Clyde's for a good crabcake. I recently had a crabcake sandwich at the Clyde's in Georgetown and it was quite good. Not the best I've ever had, but very good. I also agree with Union Station for parking. It's easy, convenient and well priced for a garage.

6. Re: D.C. parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 23:16