We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Can anyone recommend to me a nice Romantic restaurant in the DC area near Dupont Circle? We're willing to spend about $20-$30 per entree. Any type of cuisine EXCEPT Asian. Would prefer someplace that has seafood, steak, fusion/contemporary. But the key thing is that it has to be "romantic." Good food and good service should go without saying. Looking for someplace that you would consider having a "cozy" atmoshphere -- dark/rich/velvety interiors, white linen tablecloths, etc.

Washington DC All-Loops Hop-On...
49 reviews
from US$49.00*
Smithsonian National Air and Space...
4 reviews
from US$65.00*
International Spy Museum
204 reviews
from US$19.50*
Private Smithsonian Combo Tour...
2 reviews
from US$119.00*
DC
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

La Tomate, just above Dupont Circle on Connecticut AVenue seems nice. I live in that area, on the way home tonight I'll look around to see if there are any others.

Anna Maria's down the block is dark and moody, that sort of place, but I haven't been there for awhile.

If you don't mind going a little further downtown, there is a nice place called Cieba (Seeba), very popular, large ferns, lots of atmosphere.

Red Sage is also nice, also in that same part of town.

Washington, DC
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

The Melting Pot in Dupont Circle is pretty romantic.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Ooo great suggestions - thanks! I actually looked at Ceiba and made reservations there for a dinner for four quite some time ago but had to cancel at the last minute. Trying to rebook a reservation there is pretty much impossible. I guess they stay busy for a reason!

Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

check out opentable.com under DC. They'll show you the price ranges, restaurant websites(for pictures,etc) and let you reserve for free.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

If you're looking for romantic and seafood, I would recommend Sea Catch Restaurant in Georgetown. The decor is beautiful and they have an outdoor dining area that sits above the C&O Canal.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

On 18th Street in Adams Morgan (just north of Dupont) is the Little Fountain Cafe. I haven't been there myself, but I've heard many times that it's a great romantic restaurant.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Definitely the Iron Gate (patio dining after dark if possible). On N St., Dupont Circle.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Not to far from Dupont is the Tabard Inn (on P Street I think). It is a great setting that is romantic.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Restuarants Recommendations

Tabard Inn is on N Street (between 17th and 18th), right across from the previously-mentioned Iron Gate. I've never been to either place, but both look very romantic, and I've heard good things about the food, too.