We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining near Arlington

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
dining near Arlington

I'm coming back to DC to visit friends and family. But, for some strange reason, my brother who lives in Arlington, wants me to pick the restaurant for dinner on Sunday night?!?!?! I have good memories of Adams Morgan for good ethnic food, but that was 20 years ago! We love Thai, Indian, Latin American, Italian, etc. Seafood and tapas with a good wine list are favorites for me. I know Georgetown is hip and so is Bethesda now, but how do I pick a cool restaurant?!?!?! Any suggestions for something not too pricy nor too fancy! Frankly, an ethnic Latina dive with good sangria would make me smile a lot! He says that he doesn't know of a nearby Jaleo's (which is not a dive, but has good sangria).

I would love some ideas to share back at him!

thanks,

ss

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining near Arlington

If you want to stay in Arlington, maybe check out La Tasca in Clarendon for casual tapas. It is not fancy, and the downside it is a chain, but the upside is the food is of consistent quality and the environment is comfortable.

For a more trendy place, I'm a huge fan of Zaytinya in the Penn Quarter downtown. It is tapas also, but Mediterranian, not Spanish. Reservations can be a bit of a challenge, but a Sunday night should be a bit easier. More generally, try www.washingtonian.com and www.washingtonpost.com food review sections for good feedback on a range of places in town.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining near Arlington

thanks, turns out, he just wanted me to pick a cuisine! he suggested Zengo, which is on 7th St in DC and looks totally cool!

thanks,

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
557 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining near Arlington

Tallula - tallularestaurant.com

Restaurant Vero - www.restaurantvero.com

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining near Arlington

Why don't you go to Jaleo in Crystal City???? They have a branch in Arlington.

5. Re: dining near Arlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 09:26