We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Topic
Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

Is there a difference in the tour of the Capitol arranged by our Representative in the House or our Senator? Are there any other tours that are recommended that can be arranged by by our Representative or Senator?

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

Hi ourname,

The tours from your Senator/Representative are lead by a intern from thier office. You meet in thier office and are taken down to the basement of the congresional office building and walk down the tunnel to Congress. Being from Illinois, we were shown where Lincoln's seat was in the old hous chamber.

What I liked best about the arranged tours were that we knew when the tour was and did not have to wait in line for our tickets.

Other tours offered are BEP, White House, Library of Congress and the Supreme Court.

Enjoy your trip!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

Hello, I just recently called my Congressman's office and the staff person pretty much asked me what I wanted to see. I told them I was only interested in the White House tour but you can also get tours of Congress too. In order to get a white house tour you have to give the following information for all the people with you: Name, Social Security Number, and date of birth. I was told that the number of White House tours is limited so if you want to do that you should call well in advance of your trip. Jan

NJ
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

RWDW and Jan,

Thanks for the advice. We will call our representative's office.

4. Re: Capitol Tour and Other Recommended Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 03:16