We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar or Resturant with Views

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bar or Resturant with Views

Are there any bars or resturants (preferably casual resturants) with nice views of the capitol or surrounding areas? Or perhaps overlooking the Potanic River?

Bier Baron Tavern
££ - £££, American, Bar, Pub
Mr. Henry's
Top of the Gate
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar or Resturant with Views

Along the Georgetown waterfront there are a few places to eat - they usually open in the Spring when it gets warmer.

Mentioned in this post
Georgetown Waterfront Park
Georgetown Waterfront...
33 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar or Resturant with Views

The Kennedy Center has the Rooftop Terrace Restaurant which, last time I checked, gets mixed reviews:

Kennedy-Center.org/visitor/restaurants.html

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar or Resturant with Views

I used to recommend the Roof Terrace Restaurant at the Kennedy Center - it has nice views and most of my meals there had been very good. However, I had dinner there before a show last week, and was quite disappointed. The steak was very good, but nothing else was impressive at all. I had not been there for some time, and was really suprised to see that nearly half the restaurant was empty. It's also not casual, and rather pricey for the quality.

4. Re: Bar or Resturant with Views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:18