We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what do you think????

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
351 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
what do you think????

One night in the start of of our otherwise 2 weeks timeshare that we will spend in Williamsburg we have thought to spend in old town Alexandria.

We are thinking to book at: Hotel Monaco Alexandria. What do you think of our choice of hotel?? Or do you suggest another hotel??

By the way our family consist of 2 adults and 2 kids (9 & 14 yrs. old).

Thanks for helping us plan our summer vacation.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what do you think????

The Hotel Monaco Alexandria is a brand-new renovation right in the heart of Old Town. It has already gotten some good reviews. It is unlikely to be the cheapest place to stay, but should be quite nice.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what do you think????

This would be a great base to explore Old Town Alexandria. Definitely book it if the price is good. Other hotel recommendations would be the Embassy Suites or Residence Inn. Those are both suite hotels so you'd have more room to spread out with a family of 4. They are not as close to the very epi-center of Old Town so you'd likely have to access the hotel shuttle. Not too much of an inconvenience, but for one night, I'd go for the Monaco if I could.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what do you think????

Hotel Monaco is a Kimpton Hotel. I have never been in Hotel Monaco, but a friend got married at Morrison House Hotel, the other Kimpton Hotel in Alexandria, and I got to stay there and it was a great hotel. I imagine Monaco would be just as good if not better since it is so new!

4. Re: what do you think????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 01:19