We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baltimore airport

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
baltimore airport

hi

can someone tell me how close baltimore airport is from capitol hill..... i am flying into dulles but leaving from baltimore....how long would a cab take and about how much. thanks

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baltimore airport

BWI is about a 45 minute drive into Capitol Hill. The most economical way from Capitol Hill to BWI would be taking the Marc train during the week or the Amtrak train other times from Union Station. A cab would be too expensive.

Taxi= $80.00

Amtrak= $12 plus (depending on time and train)

Marc Train= $6.00 (I think)

Union Station is located in the Capitol Hill section of DC so not far to go.

Mentioned in this post
Amtrak
Amtrak
21 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Union Station
Union Station
467 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baltimore airport

thanks for your help. think i will stick with using Dulles.

Northern VA
Level Contributor
454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baltimore airport

Dulles is probably 40-45 mins from Capitol Hill as well, so it really would be a toss up between the two. No MARC train from Dulles -- taxi or the vans that charge like $20/person. Taxi from IAD to The Hill would probably be in the $70 range I would think. If you are going during rush hour it will be even more, as you sit in traffic.

DCA is your best bet if you want cheaper transportation from the airport to your destination.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
43 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baltimore airport

This question comes up all the time. Here is a go list that explains DCA-IAD-BWI transportation.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i16066-Washingt…

5. Re: baltimore airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 04:19