We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you Know..

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Do you Know..

Dear TA readers. does anyone know if there is any outlet and any mall near Williamsberg?

If yes, could you elaborate if they are good (what kind of shops to expect)??

Thanks.

Maryland
Level Contributor
380 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you Know..

Google "Williamsburg Outlet Mall", "Williamsburg Pottery", and "Prime Outlets".

So, yes. As to what to expect: A lot of people love outlet shopping or there wouldn't be as many outlet malls as there are, but I avoid them like the plague. In my opinion, there's a lot of junk, including second-rate merchandise that appears to be manufactured just for the outlet trade. I find better deals at the sales at the local "regular" malls. YMMV.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,719 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you Know..

The stretch of highway west of Williamsburg is neatly all motels, chain restaurants and outlet malls. You can drive from one to another, if you are so inclined.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you Know..

There is a pretty good outlet mall in Leesburg Virginia (less than an hour from D.C. if no traffic) and also some in Hagerstown, Maryland which is about 1.5 hours from D.C.

If you aren't interested in going all the way to Williamsburg.

Also one in Woodbridge, Virginia-Potomac Mills, but in my opinion, that place is really junky like a previous poster mentioned.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,719 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you Know..

Arundel Mills Mall is only a couple of miles from BWI airport. It is not completely an outlet mall, but it has some of that sort of store.

www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1230

5. Re: Do you Know..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 08:32