We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice central DC hotel

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
267 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Nice central DC hotel

Ok I need a really convenient (close to metro, Mall, Smithsonian) 4-5 star hotel, hopefully safe area and kid friendly. Suggestions please. Thanks

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,150 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice central DC hotel

You asked this question in your thread "DC with Toddler" and I gave you a list of 4-diamond properties. All are in good neighborhoods and well-located. Also, I suggested that you look at the thread that discusses Georgetown Hotels. There are 2 Ritz-Carltons (5-diamond properties) in Georgetown. You can walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro station. So---do you have any specific questions about any of these hotels or the areas they are in?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice central DC hotel

Not to quarrel with SueFee, but it's a pretty good hike from Georgetown to the Foggy Bottom Metro. If a toddler is involved, I'd give this some thought.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,150 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice central DC hotel

The other hotels I mentioned weren't in Georgetown and were by Metro stations. If I recall correctly, she did also ask about Georgetown. Having once had a toddler myself, I know you can cover a lot of ground when using a stroller. However, it's up to her where she wants to stay and how near she wants to be to a Metro station.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice central DC hotel

Hanalei, I suggest just finding something nice in the city close to a metro station, rather than close to the mall, etc. The metro is very convenient and easy to use for getting to the mall. I'd suggest either the Hilton or the Omni Shoreham in the Woodley Park neighborhood. Both are easy walking distance from the metro station, which is only 5-6 stops away from the mall. The area is very safe, even late at night (I used to live there, so I would know), and has several interesting restaurants to choose from. Also, a coffee shop and a drug store.