We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

Thinking about a few nights in DC in July with 2 kids for a quick walking tour. First time there for them. Stayed at the Melrose in Georgetown and loved it. Great location.

Appreciate your suggestions. I like a nice room. Newer furnishings. Doesn't need to have fantastic restaurant on-site. Don't need pool or fitness facility. Prefer that it be located within walking distance to some sites. Okay taking the train, too.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,955 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

Your flexible preferences will fit nearly any hotel you see mentioned here. And there are a hundred or more. You need to make some choices and come back and see what others think. The major place to avoid is NY Ave. NE or the Skyline Inn in SW.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

thank you! See The Quincy and am intrigued. I like Georgetown and any other area that is similar. Lots of places to walk to.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,955 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

The Quincy used to be Lincoln Suites. It is in a good location, though it is mostly surrounded by office buildings. There are restaurants close by and it is only 4 blocks to Dupont Circle. The Metro is about 2 blocks away with your choice of lines depending on which direction you walk.

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

I would agree The Quincy is in a pretty good location i9f you are ok getting the Metro. Not the best hotel I have stayed in but did a job in terms of sightseeing. I have posted a review on TA is you want to review.

5. Re: Best place to stay for 2 nights with kids to walk around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 18:20