We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC Circulator

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
DC Circulator

Tried accessing the DC Circulator website via a link from the Metro website as well as Google, but received "page not found". Is the DC Circulator still in service? Perhaps they are updating their website and is temporarily down? At any rate, would anyone happen to know any alternative sites where I can view a route map & more info?

Hoping to take the DC Circulator from hotel to Union Station for the Postal Museum and dinner around there.

Also from hotel to the Cleveland Park Metro Station to have dinner at Indique. Or would I be better off taking the Metro? Thanks for any help. Looking forward to visiting, even if only for a little while.

Washington DC All-Loops Hop-On...
35 reviews
from US$49.00*
International Spy Museum
197 reviews
from US$21.95*
Smithsonian National Air and Space...
3 reviews
from US$115.00*
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,276 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DC Circulator

Unless it is very sudden, the DC Cirulator is still in business. Today their website says it is temporarily unavailable, so I expect it is only a web problem.

I don't think the Circulator goes to Cleveland Park. It has a very limited coverage of the city. MetroBus and MetroRail go to Cleveland Park. MetroRail is usually referred to as plain Metro.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC Circulator

Hi there,

The Circulator does not go to Cleveland Park, but the Cleveland Park metro station is right across the street from Indique, so its very convenient. Take metro to get there.

In general, I would say that you are better off taking metro to most places you would probably want to go, unless they are located right on the Circulator route. I see that they do appear to be having problems with their webpage--you should probably just be patient and see if it comes back up later today.

Toronto
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC Circulator

It was down all yesterday too

Debbie

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DC Circulator

the website appears to be back up!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DC Circulator

Thanks for the responses. Yes, the website is back up! Woo. Got my map printed. Will definitely keep DC Circulator on the back burner in case my legs can't handle it. Looks like they have a pretty decent route around the Mall area.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,276 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DC Circulator

Just remember that the Circulator route around The Mall only works on weekends.

7. Re: DC Circulator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 07:23