We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night tours of monuments

Hawaii
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Night tours of monuments

I'll be arriving in DC on Monday (Aug 4) afternoon. This is my first trip to DC & everyone tells me that I should take a night tour of the monuments. I was thinking of booking the OnBoard tour since it's close to my hotel. Any opinions? Other suggestions? Thanks.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night tours of monuments

We were in the area a few weeks ago. We booked All About Town Tours because the bus picked us up at our hotel. After the tour we were dropped back off. The Moonlight Tour makes very good use of vacation time. We really enjoyed the tour.

Westside
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night tours of monuments

We are not very good at getting on and off tour buses, we are a bit too independent, so m y family walked. It was the highlight of Washington.

We had a map and a guide book. I had also listened to an audio tour while walking round. I had listened to it before going to, as I found it interesting anyway. You do need a map, we had to ask for help after we left the Roosevelt memorial (my favourite).

The link to the audio tour. http://www.slate.com/id/2132202/

The evening temperature was perfect for walking. It is all on the flat.

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night tours of monuments

Hi Rad

I just got back from DC, and I did the Tourmobile Monuments at night tour. It was nice, its on an open air bus, with an accordian thing in the middle, its a double kind of thing. Nice guides, and its about 30 dollars for adults. It leaves from Union Station around 7pm each night, and it doesn't fill up, if they fill a bus, they bring out another, so you can play it by ear and just show up for it. The buses are not AC but it wasnt a problem and it was hot the night we went, but it was fine. They start off at the Jefferson Memorial, go to the FDR Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial (where you can also see the Vietnam wall and the Korean war memorial) and you wind up at the WW2 memorial. Somethings you just go by, like the Whitehouse (from a distance) and the Capitol, but I really liked it.

4. Re: Night tours of monuments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:21