We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz Clubs

Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jazz Clubs

Can anyone share their opinions/advice on any of these clubs? Under 21 okay? Thanks! :)

Blues Alley in Georgetown

Bohemian Caverns

Zanzibar on the Waterfront

Ozio's

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz Clubs

When it may not be first-hand experience, you can read reviews of all of these clubs on www.washingtonpost.com -- click on Arts & Living and you can do a search by name for each of them.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz Clubs

Hello,

Blues Alley - Nice atmosphere, good neighborhood, decent food, top name performers, non-smoking, non-existent parking. Watch out for the cover charge and two drink minimum.

Grade - B

Bohemian Caverns - Great atmosphere, up and coming neighborhood, terrific food, top name and local talent, smoking allowed in the club and select parts of the restaurant, parking for patrons in lot next door. Let your server know you have tickets for the show and they will reserve a table for you in the club.

Grade - A

Zanzibar - Decent atmosphere, beautiful location (right on the Potomac) ok food, average talent, smoking allowed, parking within walking distance.

Grade - B

Ozios's - I've never been so I can't comment.

I hope this helps.

Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz Clubs

Just wanted to let all know - I know this place is known for its high cover prices, but If you are a student, present your student ID card and get 50% off the cover price. Also, I had bought an entertainment book for the DC area and there are "buy 1 cover admission, get 1" coupons! (We have a reservation for one of the shows at 10PM)

Also, I would really have liked to do Bohemian Caverns as that seems to be the favorite! But...when I checked out their website, it said must be 21+ in order to go! (At least for the show the night we would be there! :()