We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

san francisco,ca
14 posts
Save Topic
Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

Would like to visit this museum before a late afternoon flight and wondered how long people usually spend in this museum. Was planning on taking public transit from Dupont Circle (metro+bus) and wonder if it would be easier to check luggage at Dulles and then take bus to/from the museum. I am guessing that at Dulles the bus from metro and the bus to museum are close to each other-correct?

Any advice on how to plan this trip would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle
326 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,110 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

I've been a couple of times to the Udvar-Hazy and I would recommend at least 2 hours there (and that won't cover everything). If you have a particularly keen interest in aviation/space or if you plan to see one of the IMAX films, you'll want to add even more time to your schedule.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
91 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

Are there waiting taxis to take you to Dulles. We're also visiting before a 6pm flight home.

How's the food-we'll chow down there before flying.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,110 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

The only food option at the Udvar Hazy Museum is McDonald's.

I've only driven to the museum, so I never paid attention to whether there was a taxi stand there. I'd recommend contacting the museum directly about this. My guess would be that even if there is a taxi stand, you can't count on a taxi being there when you need to head back to the airport. Udvar Hazy is "off the beaten track", so you don't get a lot of people there who rely on public transportation or taxis.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
948 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

Went there two summers ago - took a shuttle bus from Dulles. Don't recall taxis sitting around as we were waiting for the bus. Shuttle runs on a set schedule.

5. Re: Air+Space Udvar-Hazy Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 06:17